Sun, 25 October 2009
Brad Layland and Pat Rhoades talk with Ted Johnson about Fundraising Fears
· Your best equipment is who you are. Let them know you’re afraid.
· Ted’s background in Young Life
· Verbal explanation of Young Life is the weakest way to engage
· Failsafe way is to show – They have to see what you’re talking about– take them to camp
· Show donors the Young Life Leader and they’ll catch the passion, the 2nd best to taking them to camp
· People invest in the Message & the Messenger SHOW Young Life don’t talk Young Life
· Invite the donor to see kids (Club, etc.)
· Fear – can’t communicate
· Invite them to camp and club SHOW IT!
· Dinner Club
· Sincerity, honesty and truthfulness is in short supply – share your fear
· Your passion must come through so load up with passion and go tell the truth
· Donors know how hard it is to ask for money – they’ve asked for money themselves
· If we do make a mistake it’s that we ask too little. Pay a huge compliment to your donor by asking big
· Launching campaign Campership Legacy Fund
· Thank God for people who ask for those who give.
▪ ▪ ▪
Sun, 18 October 2009
Brad Layland & Pat Rhoades discuss what to do about your fear of fundraising.
▪ ▪ ▪
Sun, 11 October 2009
Brad Layland & Pat Rhoades discuss what to do first if your area's in a crisis.
▪ ▪ ▪
Sun, 4 October 2009
Interim Director of Field Development, Pat Rhoades interviews Field Development Directors Brad Gentry and Mark McKinley. Brad Gentry from eastern
Brad got more involved in fundraising and fundraising training after watching areas go in and out of deficit and struggle financially. He relies on the faith that God is a God of abundance. Why are their issues and how can we address them with a belief that God has more than enough? Brad tries to raise awareness of all the fundraising tools we have, he trains areas to use them and then helps them implement their plan. It’s about learning how to develop relationships and accountability. Brad focuses on building relationships with area committees and donors. TDS is about relationships.